Sunday, February 8, 2009

Time Flies

My goodness, how time flies!  No posts since the first of February.  How lackadaisical when I have been spending so much time on Facebook. Interactive is such a fun thing. And of course the blog is not interactive. Networking is fun, what can I say.  

I bought "The Wiseguy Cookbook" from the Friends of the Library book sale this week.  It's great.  I love cookbooks with narrative, stories behind the recipe.  Cooking is interactive, play with your food.  Cooking with your kids, family and friends is such fun, if  your kitchen is big enough.  Mine is not, my moms was not.  I think kitchens should be large airy rooms with lots of counter tops.  In my dreams.  Mine is okay for me, enough for 1 cook.  Whenever I have company, which is not very often, someone always offers to help.  Which is very thoughtful but honestly there just isn't enough room for 2 people to move around in.  I hope to paint it this spring, of course last summer I was going to paint it.  I washed all the walls and cabinets.  Then I was tired of looking at the walls and stopped.  Sigh, now I have to wash all over again.  But I am going to paint it a pale green.

Tonight Doug and I are attending the Presidents Day Gala with the DuPage County Democratic Party.  When they first started to plan it the keynote speaker and only guest was Dick Kay.  He is a great guy.  If you are from Chicago you know he is.  Anyway, now that Barack is President, and we now have 3 Democrats elected to the DuPage County Board, State politicians are paying attention to us here in DuPage County.  As long as we have been here it has been strongly Republican.  Things are changing, thank acorns!  So tonight the new Governor, States Atty, Treasurer, Sec of State and I can't remember which other one, will be attending.  How weird, it's like they just discovered we exist.
Next Sunday is the Kane County Dinner and Doug and I are going to that one also.  Last year Senator Dick Durbin was the keynote speaker.  Also Barack Obama was suppose to be there but the shooting at the Northern campus, he went there instead.  Oh well.  So many fundraisers, so little time.

Anyway, no cooking for me tonight.  That means no leftovers for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment