Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Cream of broccoli soup, Yumm

What an easy and tasty soup.  A while ago broccoli was 29 cent a lb so I bought 2 bunches and made cream of broccoli soup.  I ate it at least 2 days in a row and froze 2 containers, about 8 cups. It was so delicious!  WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME YOU CAN'T FREEZE CREAM SOUPS.  ARGHHHH!  When I thawed out the first container last week, there were little white specks in the soup.  Cream.  I thought it would "melt" when I heated the soup up.  It did not.  The flavor of the soup did not change.  It still tasted great, but the little white specks were still there.  Sigh.  I was not a pretty as the first time around.
My husband would not even taste it.  Sigh.  He will eat broccoli when it is served to him (like at a family gathering)  but it not a choice he will select as a side.  Veggies are like the parsley, decoration on the plate.
I make a kick ass oxtail soup, he won't touch it either.  His favorite soups are in a red and white can, chicken noodle and tomato.  He does not have a well developed palate.  So I make a lot of things just for me to eat and things that we both will eat. At first I thought he was just fussy, but the things that he does not like really like don't taste the same for him.  I mean really do not taste the same.  My oxtail soup is a rich broth with lots of garlic, shredded veggies and large pieces of veggies.  It is a recipe from Argentina called Puchero that I learned from my former mother in law.  It is served as 2 courses,  soup then meat and vegetables.  Someday I will write out the recipe but not now.
Tonight are the Caucuses for the Consolidated Election in April.  I can't go, I have to work. Oh well, maybe I will be able to go next time, in 4 years.  More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment