Sunday, January 25, 2009

Making Soup & The Australian Open

It is 12 degrees outside and I am making soup.  The soup bones are in the oven and I need squash for the soup.  So a road trip in order.  Jewel did not have any butternut squash!  Oh, the horror! While I suppose I could leave it out, I just can't. It would not taste the same.  So a trip to a store that is farther away than I want to travel, oh well.  With 4 grocery stores in town one would think that I could find butternut squash at at least one of them.  But 3 if them cater to the Mexican population.  And the other one, Jewel, was out.  
The air in the house smells wonderful.  I can smell the onions and garlic roasting.  Yummm.

While the soup is cooking (just not yet) I am watching tennis.  Roger Federer has not lost a set yet, no big surprise.  They are not showing his matches which is okay with me.  Last night I watched Rafael Nadel play, it was fun to watch.  I think Nadal needs to change his brand of BVD's.  I you ever watch him, you know what I am talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment