Monday, January 26, 2009

Facebook

I started a Facebook page.  I did it to join a group that I belong to in the real world, not virtual. When I created the page, I found out the group was not global yet so I just left the Facebook sleep, so to speak.  Then last week I get an email, Peggy wants to be my friend!  I totally forgot about Facebook.  So my friend found me and now I have been finding friends on Facebook I never thought I would!  Well, only 3 but it is a start!

The best find so far is finding my nephew from Argentina, Juan Ramon.  He has a Facebook page and I spent a good deal of time this morning chatting with him.  So cool. We have exchanged photos via email and talked about family.  I have not seen him since he was a small boy.  I looked for him because of the soup I made yesterday.  In Spanish it is called Puchero.  It made me think of Argentina so I did a search for him and voila, we started to chat!  I gave him a link to this blog, but he can't read English, so I am going to post to him Spanish sometime.  Or see if I can do a Google translation or something.  If anyone who reads this knows how, drop me a line.
  
He was very happy to be able to chat in Spanish with me and I him.  I don't have much of a chance to write in Spanish so it was fun and hard at the same time.  I speak Spanish everyday at work but rarely have a chance to write it.  I am a little rusty.  But I can tell I will be doing it more often!  I have my Spanish dictionary handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment