Monday, January 5, 2009

Politics

After the November election, I was just worn out.  All the campaigning for our local candidates and Obama, well I just had to take a break.  I used to get about 40 emails from campaigns and various blogs about the election.  Mostly asking for money.  We gave as much as we could.  It paid off.  We got 3 Democratic candidates elected to the Dupage County Board.  Wow!  Bill Foster as Congressman for the 14th and President Barack Obama,  super Wow.  At least the emails have dropped off.

Anyway, now that January is here one would think that the we can just all rest.  Not so much, the January caucus is just around the corner.  I have been asked to be a candidate for Winfield Township Trustee.  It is part time but I am afraid that I am not qualified to do it.  Are any of us qualified to hold a public office?  We should be.  I mean there should be qualifications to be able to even run.  Do I have the qualifications?  I don't know.  I still don't know if I am going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment