Monday, January 19, 2009

A Smothered Burrito

Have you ever had one?  Back in the early 70's I would eat lunch at a little Mexican restaurant in Denver and they serve a smothered burrito that was to die for.  The burrito was filled with what ever you wanted and smothered with a green chili made with poblano peppers and then topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, sour cream and jalapenos.  It was spectacular.  So whenever I have left over chili I make a smothered burrito.  It usually has just beans in the middle with cheese and jalapenos.  I just had one for lunch, it was very satisfying.

But it's all about the chili!  I use a course ground skirt steak for the meat that I marinate in lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and sometimes serrano peppers.  My chili is different every time I make it but I am good with that.  Play with your food!

No comments:

Post a Comment